By iNeuBytes Content Writer
In today's digital world, businesses and organizations are using more and more data. Making sense of this data is very important to help them make decisions and plan for the future. This is where data analytics comes in. Choosing data analytics as a career is exciting and rewarding. It's a great job for people who like numbers, solving tricky problems, and are curious to learn. Plus, there are many job opportunities in this field, and it's expected to grow in the future. So, picking data analytics as a career is a really good idea.
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is like detective work with numbers and information. It's all about looking at lots of data, which can be facts, numbers, or details about something, and then figuring out what that data means or what story it tells. For example, imagine a company that sells toys. They have data on how many toys they sell, who buys them, and when. A data analyst would look at all that information and figure out things like which toys sell best at Christmas, or if more toys are sold on weekends than weekdays. Data analytics is really important to learn in 2023 because we're living in a world full of data. Just about everything we do creates some kind of data, from shopping online to using social media. By understanding how to analyze this data, you can help businesses make better decisions, predict future trends, or even solve big problems. That's why data analytics is a really useful skill to have, and a great area to build a career in.
What are the Various Opportunities in Data Analytics?
Data analytics jobs are in high demand and highly popular due to several reasons. In the digital age we live in, businesses are gathering huge amounts of data. When this data is properly examined by data analysts, it gives important information that helps businesses make good decisions, plan for the future, and predict what might happen next. Because they play such a crucial role in so many different industries - healthcare, finance, technology, retail, and more - there are a lot of jobs for data analysts. Plus, these jobs often pay well and give good chances for career growth. Data analysts do interesting and varied work - they solve complicated problems, find hidden patterns in data, and their tasks can change with each project. This could involve predicting sales trends one day, and looking at the effect of social media the next. Lastly, data analysts often get to see how their work makes a real difference to a business, as their findings can shape big decisions and strategies. All these factors make data analytics a rewarding and impactful career choice. Data analysts can specialize in various areas based on their interest and the needs of businesses. Here are some different types of data analysts along with their average salaries in India:
Figure shows various job based salaries for data analysts roles.
• Business Data Analyst: These analysts help businesses make better decisions. They might analyze data about sales, market trends, or operations. The average salary, according to the glassdoors in India for a Business Data Analyst  is around 7 - 8 Lakhs INR per year.
• Financial Data Analyst: They work with financial data like sales numbers, investments, or economic trends. The average salary according to the glassdoors in India for a Financial Data Analyst  is around 7 - 8 Lakhs INR per year.
• Marketing Data Analyst: These analysts look at data about consumers, advertising, and market trends. The average salary according to the glassdoors in India for a Marketing Data Analyst  is approximately 6 - 7 Lakhs INR per year.
• Operations Data Analyst: These analysts work on improving a company's processes by analyzing data related to things like production, logistics, or supply chains. The average salary according to the glassdoors in India for an Operations Data Analyst  is about 5 - 6 Lakhs INR per year.
• Healthcare Data Analyst: These analysts analyze data about patient outcomes, treatment plans, and healthcare costs. The average salary according to the glassdoors in India for a Healthcare Data Analyst  is around 7 - 8 Lakhs INR per year.
• Social Media Data Analyst: These analysts focus on data from social media to help companies understand trends and develop effective social media strategies. The average salary according to the glassdoors in India for a Social Media Data Analyst  is around 4 - 5 Lakhs INR per year.
• Data Quality Analyst: They ensure the data a company collects is high quality. The average salary according to the glassdoors in India for a Data Quality Analyst  is about 5 - 6 Lakhs INR per year.
Remember, a higher level of expertise usually leads to higher pay. Plus, as the demand for data analysts continues to grow, these salaries could increase. It's always a good idea to do your own research to get the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Now Let’s discuss 7 Major Reasons, why you should learn data analytics and choose as a career option!
Learning data analytics can be a game-changing skill, unlocking new career opportunities, and offering unique perspectives on the world around us. So why should you take the plunge and dive into data analytics? Here are the seven major reasons why learning data analytics could be the best decision for your professional and personal growth. Let's delve into these compelling reasons and explore how this proficiency can elevate your potential.
So, learning data analytics will provide so much potential in your career and even the prior coding at initial stages was not needed, that is why you can start from scratch.
What are skills needed to learn Data Analytics?
If you're considering stepping into the world of data analytics, there are certain key skills you need to acquire. From technical abilities like learning specific programming languages to softer skills like problem-solving and effective communication, there are several key skills that you should focus on to become successful data analysts:
• Technical Skills: You need to be proficient in certain tools and programming languages that are essential for handling and analyzing data. These include:
• Excel: It's a powerful tool for doing basic data analysis and manipulation.
• SQL: This is the standard language for interacting with databases, allowing you to retrieve and manipulate data.
• Tableau and Power BI: These tools are used for creating interactive data visualizations to present findings effectively.
• Python and R: These are programming languages widely used in data analysis for their powerful data handling and statistical analysis capabilities.
• Statistical Skills: Understanding statistical concepts is crucial as it forms the basis of data analysis. This includes knowledge of probability, distributions, statistical tests, and more.
• Data Visualization: The ability to present your findings visually is key. Good data visualization can communicate complex data insights in a simple and effective way.
• Critical Thinking: This involves questioning assumptions, understanding the context, and making sure you're working on the right problem.
• Communication Skills: It's important to communicate your findings clearly to people who may not have a background in data analysis.
Currently iNeuBytes is providing an Data Analytics course where you can learn all these essential skills in just three months. The program covers Excel, SQL, Tableau, Power BI, Python, and R, giving you a comprehensive toolkit to tackle real-world data analysis tasks. Plus, the program includes a virtual internship, allowing you to apply what you've learned to practical projects and gain valuable experience. It's an excellent way to kickstart your career in data analytics!
 Glassdoor, "Financial Data Analyst Salaries," Glassdoor, [Online]. Available: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Salaries/financial-data-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,22.htm. [Accessed: 05-July-2023].
 Glassdoor, "Healthcare Data Analyst Salaries," Glassdoor, [Online]. Available: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Salaries/healthcare-data-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,23.htm. [Accessed: 05-July-2023].
 Glassdoor, "Social Media Analyst Salaries," Glassdoor, [Online]. Available: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Salaries/social-media-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,20.htm. [Accessed: 05-July-2023].
 Glassdoor, "Data Quality Analyst Salaries," Glassdoor, [Online]. Available: https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Salaries/data-quality-analyst-salary-SRCH_KO0,20.htm. [Accessed: 05-July-2023].